Terms of rent a car in Spain
Traveling freely in a foreign country is an exciting adventure that will be remembered much more than a regular group tour with a bus and guide. You can see more places, go to cities or remote areas, where you want and provides a planned route.
Who will rent a car?
Rent a car primarily because you plan to travel "savage" and deals with individual hotel booking and visas. Sometimes this is the only option if you want to go to a town that tour operators do not offer in the standard program, or there is a dream to visit many places at once. In advance it is necessary to make reservation on all points of arrival and to plan a trip on days. This will enable you to book a car rental in the respective regions in advance. You can choose a car economy, medium or premium class in excellent condition of the latest brands.
Even if you go to a big city, where all the tourists - Madrid, Barcelona or Valencia, carry it, you do not need a standard tourist program or you want to stay in certain cities for longer. Freedom of action and movement will be provided by own transport, which in the territory of another country can be obtained by car rental.
Contract with the car rental company and its conditions
When signing a contract for the rental of a vehicle in Spain with the firms that provide them, you need to carefully read all the points. The contract states:
- Information about the tenant;
- Place and time of receipt and return of the vehicle;
- The chosen brand of the car, its technical characteristics and status at the moment;
- Rent terms;
- The cost.
Requirements may vary, but this section will necessarily include such paragraphs:
- What is included in the price is usually insurance in the framework of a franchise (insurance collateral) in the event of damage during an accident, in theft, vandalism, an additional driver, child seats, navigator and fees - airport, local, road and premium location;
- What is not included in the price - petrol and oil, washing, parking penalties or violations for the period of use;
- The size of the franchise;
- Additional restrictions (by age, mileage).
In addition, it should be remembered that payment can be made for a month, a week or daily, the rate will be different. If the car is rented, for example, for 27 hours, what you need to pay for 2 days, as for the full. When you receive the vehicle in the tank will be flooded with gasoline, the same amount is required at the time of return, if less - to pay the difference.
Requirements for the state of the car are also prescribed, it is stipulated that it should be returned in the same clean and fresh form as initially, cleaning the salon or washing on the responsibility of the lessee.
The car rental company requests such documents for the issue of cars:
- Rights (they must have data in Latin);
- Booking voucher (if the reservation took place beforehand on the Internet);
- A credit card with a deposit on which there are enough funds in euros to cover insurance (the amount is frozen for the period of using the vehicle), that is, only cash will be small.
It is most convenient to use the services of international companies, like SOLO Rent a Car, to formalize the contract in Russian and clarify all the points. The earlier the reservation is made, the cheaper it will be to pay at the end.
It is important to know that the driver's experience must be at least 2 years, and the age from 22, in some cases 21 years are allowed, but an additional fee is charged. The delivery takes place at the airport, and the refund can be issued in another place authorized by the company. If you plan to leave for the territory of Spain, you need to report this to the manager and prescribe in the contract.