Cheap Car Hire at Barcelona Airport
Air traffic is the fastest way to anywhere in the world. But in such a movement has its pros and cons. The main disadvantage is that after arriving at the airport it is quite difficult to find a way to get to the right place. However, if you think about this issue in advance, before arriving in Barcelona, and make a reservation for a rental car, at the appointed time you will already be expected by the chosen vehicle.
Renting a car from the airport is a great option that will be even cheaper than a taxi. Rented transport provides:
- free movement around the city with the opportunity to explore all the sights;
- significant time and financial savings;
- comfort and convenience;
- the ability to choose any desired route;
- the ability to choose any car with the necessary level of comfort and value from the presented fleet.
Thanks to this service, you do not depend on the schedule of public buses, nor on the taxi service tariffs, nor on the schedules of the guide. You decide where to go and at what time, and you can plan your own excursions anywhere in the city. To prevent the future driver from becoming entangled in the road network of the metropolis, a navigation device can be built into almost every car. You just need to drive the necessary address and enjoy a comfortable ride.
Most visitors are afraid to contact the rental service, but it is completely in vain. You will not only save your money, but also will have time to visit all the desired places during the holiday period with comfort and absolutely safe. Upon arrival, you get the selected car in excellent and in good condition, because the day before it passes the obligatory technical condition check in the service.
The details of the choice of transport
The tourist, who decided to take advantage of the rental service upon arrival abroad, is surely puzzled by the question of which brand and model it is best to choose for rent among the entire fleet presented. Consider all the nuances outlined below, before making the application.
If you are planning a trip for a large group, we recommend staying at the minibus rental (for example, Mercedes Vito or Nissan NV 200). This will allow the whole group to move around Barcelona, visiting certain sights, regardless of the schedule of the regular bus or route taxi. For business trips, a luxury car (for example, the Mercedes C AMG Pack Cabrio or Bentley Continental GTC Cabrio) would be an excellent solution.
If you plan to visit the countryside with a rough or rocky landscape, it is much more convenient to rent a powerful SUV (for example, Jaguar F Pace R-Sport). Fans of speed and fast driving will appreciate the sports models of Ferrari, BMW or Ford.
Also take into account how long you plan to take the transport and how much you are willing to pay for the service. Available as more budget options (for example, Fiat 500 Lounge or Opel Zafira), and expensive executive class cars (for example, Porsche Cayenne or Lexus NX 300H).
Do not forget the engine. If you are planning a trip to the mountains, where the engine is necessary, choose the diesel option. Also, this fuel can significantly save financial costs, its cost is 30 cents less than on gasoline, and the engine itself uses fuel oil more economically.
Select the desired amount of luggage. If you carry a large number of things, choose the trunk with a maximum capacity. Do not forget that on the trip you will make a few more purchases, which also need a place.
It is worth paying attention to the gearbox. Modern models in our fleet are mostly equipped with automatic gearbox, because it is much more convenient than the mechanical one, but slightly more expensive. Make a choice based on your driving skills and ease of use of a particular car.
Any of the proposed machines will quickly and comfortably get from the airport to the desired area of the capital of Spain.
What does the rental price include?
No one wants to overpay for anything. Car rental is no exception. Our organization is open with our customers, because we value your trust, so we share information about what we are laying into the cost of the services provided from the airport:
- Direct car expenses. Traveling in a big city, you can often get into traffic jams, and heavy traffic and constantly clogged roads wear out the condition of any vehicles. Because of the rapid acceleration and sudden braking, important components are affected - transmission, braking system and engine. Increases wear and constant change of control machine. Even the most experienced motorist will not be able to adapt to unfamiliar transport in a couple of minutes. Our company cares about the safety of customers, so the repair of each presented car is carried out regularly and comprehensively.
- Wages to employees and taxes. Each specialist company is a qualified professional in their field. Every day, employees process hundreds of applications, take calls and consult, selecting the most profitable and best rental options for clients. Therefore, the cost of the service includes wages to our employees and state tax.
- Additional services. Our rental company includes in the daily cost of a car insurance on it, which will protect each client from possible troubles (for more details on the insurance nuances you can find below).
Now every client understands that the cost of renting any of the types of transport presented is reasonable and fully justified. Only we have the cheapest car hire at the airport in Barcelona, with a high level of service and a large fleet of luxury brands and models. Our services allow you to relax in the capital of Spain, not only with comfort, but also quite inexpensive.
Our company can make your trips even more comfortable by adding some additional functions. In addition to the timely submission immediately after the arrival of your aircraft, the company can provide:
- Baby seat (booster) for children up to twelve years. This will ensure the safe movement of your child if you set off on a journey with him;
- Navigation equipment to make it easy for you to understand the road networks of Barcelona. You need to specify the exact destination address, and the system itself will build a fast and convenient route, which you will only have to follow;
- A radar detector that helps control the speed and quickly detects monitoring devices. This offer is especially relevant when renting sports cars and powerful SUVs;
Types of rental
In the modern market they offer a large number of types of services, they depend on the terms of the contract, on the types of services, brand and car category.
For the duration of the rental car is: long-term, short-term and per minute. 1-3 day short-term rental is suitable, for example, for business trips in Barcelona or for a weekend on the beaches of Spain. The long-term option involves the use of cars for more than a week. This offer is the most profitable, because the cost is calculated differently, and the longer the estimated period of use of the rented car, the lower the price per day. Carsharing allows you to pay the customer only for the actual time of using the car, for example, by the minute.
Depending on the type of selected and rented vehicles, they distinguish a standard type of contract and an exclusive one. The first one provides the opportunity to hire only passenger cars of the middle class, and the second - the latest luxury models from leading manufacturers.
The type of service provides for the possible execution of a contract for the use of transport, both with and without a driver. The latter option guarantees complete freedom of movement, the opportunity to enjoy driving luxury vehicles. If you feel confident driving, travel frequently, love to drive, then this is the most suitable option for you, which also allows you to save money. Then, as for the additional service of hiring a driver, it is worth paying a rather large amount.
Do I need additional insurance?
Insurance reduces liability for damage in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The following types of insurance can be issued for rental cars:
- TLP (Third Liability Protection) or TPL (Third Party Liability) - allows you to insure liability for damage to the life, health or property of third parties;
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) - insurance against any possible damage other than theft. This type of franchise provides for a deductible, that is, a certain amount that must be repaid by the tenant in case of damage. When the damage caused is estimated at a lower amount than the deductible itself, the costs are covered by the car rental itself;
- TW (Theft Waiver) or TP (Theft Protection) - insurance against any possible damage, which also includes theft. In this variety, as in the previous one, there is a franchise;
- WWI (Wheels and Windscreen Insurance) - a policy that allows you to receive compensation for damage to windshields, tires or disks, lighting systems (these details are not covered in the standard insurance package);
- PAI and SPAI (Personal Accident Insurance and Super Personal Accident Insurance) - a policy for insurance of the life and health of the driver, as well as his passengers. However, if in your home country you have a policy for tourists (or for traveling abroad), this type of registration is not required.
The basic insurance package, which is included in the contract with car rental, includes only protection against theft and damage. In order not to pay the franchise and receive monetary compensation from the insurance company to cover all expenses, it is possible to issue a full insurance package - Super CollisionDamage Waiver or Super Loss Damage Waiver. You will pay an additional 15 euros per day, but you will not worry, moving on dangerous roads. This offer is especially relevant for beginners and inexperienced motorists. This policy is made either at the time of booking or at our office.
When booking your favorite car for submission to the airport, make sure in advance that you meet all requirements and have a minimum set of documents. The most important thing is to provide a passport and a visa. You must also reach a certain age. In most countries of Europe it is 19 years old. You must have experience of driving from 1 year according to the certificate.
In order to be completely safe, it is advisable to obtain international rights. This is a special document approved by the international community, translated into four foreign languages - English, Spanish, Russian and French. The profit center confirms your national rights and expands the range of possibilities in European states.
Do not forget to bring along a voucher - a printed document confirming the booking of the car, and a VISA or Master Card credit card.
Remember: to get a booked car at the airport, you must first make a deposit for it, which includes a franchise, fuel, value added tax. The amount will automatically be blocked on your credit card (more on this can be found below).
If you plan to manage a rented car by two drivers, be sure to inform the employees of the organization. This moment must be specified in the contract. Such a function entails additional cash costs - you must add about one or two euros per day of use to be able to drive one car together. Otherwise, if a traffic accident occurs, and the person driving the vehicle who does not have control rights according to the documents, the policy is canceled, and the lessee does not pay the compensation for the damage caused. For the second driver, the above requirements are also relevant.
When you book a car from the airport, you must specify the flight number on which you arrive.
Deposit when renting a car
Any company providing this service provides a security deposit in its contract. The amount of the amount varies depending on the selected car and rental conditions. The approximate amount of the payment ranges from two hundred to three hundred euros.
This is beneficial for the client, because renting a car, you do not lose extra money, but only pay with bank money, or rather, with a credit limit on the card. That is, money is not debited from the account, but “frozen”. Important point: the amount of the credit limit provided must exceed the deposit value. When freezing money, no interest is calculated. The entire amount of money is automatically credited back in full after the expiration of one month from the date of return of the vehicle to the fleet, and if all the conditions of the contract have been met.
The term of “freezing” the amount is determined by the bank, but does not exceed one calendar month. We recommend using a credit card, on which a large period of concessional lending is available. Thus, you will be able to freely use personal funds.
What is this payout for? In this way, the company insures its movable property, and can receive monetary compensation for:
- damage caused to the motor vehicle by the tenant during the contract;
- return the machine with an empty tank;
- untimely return of the machine, as this is considered to be the loss of profits of the enterprise.
That is why the amount of the deposit often exceeds the cost of renting a vehicle. However, if you use the car carefully, fulfilling all the provisions of the contract, the money will be returned to your account.
Memo in case of an accident
Any motorist, getting into a traffic accident, begins to get nervous and panic, especially if the accident occurred with the participation of the leased vehicle. Immediately worried about the main question: “How to repair the damage? Where to go?”. If you plan to rent a car, try to remember the following instruction.
We understand that even the most experienced motorist is not insured against accidents, so the rules for driving a motor vehicle and emergency procedures are prescribed in the proposed contract.
First, you must comply with the traffic rules and contact the company manager to notify about the accident as quickly as possible, within two hours. Then click on the emergency stop signal and set the triangles to indicate the place of the accident. Phoned the police or the appropriate service, and also check if you have driving documents and documents for the car.
When the arriving service staff will make a protocol, try to make sure that it is properly compiled without factual errors (as far as possible), take a picture of the protocol. Do not forget to take the contacts of the second driver.
The next problem is reparation. As noted above, any rental vehicle undergoes an insurance process. All losses are compensated by the insurance company, with the exception of the franchise. If the cash payment does not cover the cost of repairs or you did not notify our employees of the accident that occurred, you need to pay damages from your personal funds. When another motorist is recognized as the culprit of the accident, and this is confirmed by the protocol, the tenant is not threatened with material losses.