Cabriolet rental in Madrid
It is better to start traveling around the country of the hot sun of Spain with a rental car. This service is suitable for those who value their time, are not accustomed to the discomfort of public transport and want to see everything and be in time everywhere. It does not matter whether you are planning a business meeting or a tour of the sights, using the car rental you will be satisfied and get maximum pleasure from visiting Madrid and other cities.
We provide the best business-class cars with excellent equipment from world leaders in the automotive industry for rental and provide maximum comfort at all stages of the transaction. For booking you need 5 minutes to fill out the form on the website. Our company understands what time is and how it is not enough, therefore, thanks to our professionalism, signing documents and other formalities upon arrival at the rental site (for example, at Madrid-Barajas airport) take no more than 15 minutes.
If you ask us which car is best for traveling around the country, we will definitely recommend renting a gig in Madrid and other cities. In a country where six days a week are sunny, and the roads often run along the sea coast and rocky mountains, the roof comes to nothing. On our website you can see photos of luxury cars for rent in Madrid.
Of course, driving a good car you want not to think about anything and just enjoy the speed and beautiful view. But do not forget that here, as in any other country, there are rules of the road, which are mandatory and in some points they differ.
In order to avoid unpleasant moments, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the main ones:
Only persons who have attained the age of 21 with an internationally recognized license and driving experience of at least one year are allowed to drive. At the same time, the presence of a standard certificate will also not be superfluous. If you live in the country as a resident for more than 6 months, then you should get a Spanish driver's license.
- The basic information to remember for those who rent a car is the permitted speed on the roads. In Madrid, it is possible at a speed of 60 km / h, on motorways the maximum allowed is 120 km / h, the other roads are 100 km / h. Look at the signs, they are always indicated speed limits of the road. The most interesting thing is that the restriction acts not only on the maximum, but also on the minimum speed. For example, in Madrid the minimum speed is 30 km / h.
- Local regulations require the presence of a triangular stop sign in emergency cases.
- Also in the car should be a second set of fog lights. At the same time, including them in conditions of non-critically poor visibility is prohibited and is also punishable by a fine.
- Children under 12 years old can only travel in the back and only in a child seat. Do not forget that you can not ride without a seat belt. Violation of these rules entails a serious fine.
- Spaniards often do not observe speed limits, but we do not recommend following their footsteps. Speeding at 20 km / h will pull a fine of 100 Euros.
- Before the traffic lights, you need to slow down and skip all pedestrians, as the Spaniards have a habit of ignoring the color of the signal and crossing the road when and where they are comfortable.
- On many rural roads there is no marking. Here you are lurking frequent obstacles in the form of cattle, as well as hedgehogs and rabbits, so stay extremely careful.
- It is forbidden to occupy the left lane while driving. The only exception is the use of it for adjustment. If you forget about it, then be sure that the temperamental Spaniards will remind you with signals.
- Do not drive in public transport or taxi lanes.
- Overtake the car can only be on the left. Overtaking on the right is considered a violation of the rules. Any maneuver needs to be confirmed with an appropriate light signal.
- It is forbidden to use a horn that is not intended in many cities, including Madrid. But the locals do not seem to be in the know, as any discontent is expressed loudly and often by a beep.
- A very serious violation, as elsewhere is considered drunk driving. So far, the Spaniard behind the wheel can drink a choice of 0.5 beer, 250 ml of wine or 100 grams of brandy. But now there is a discussion about reducing the allowed dose of alcohol from 0.5 to 0 ppm in blood.
- In all cities there are paid and free parking. We advise to use them whenever possible, since parking rules are complex and you can often interpret them incorrectly.
- If you see red markings on the road, it means that you can’t stop here. Two yellow lanes prohibit parking. Stops in such places are allowed only for quick disembarking of passengers.
- Parking areas with blue lines allow the parking of the vehicle for no more than 1.5 - 2 hours. If during parking you see the sign “VADO” - this means that you are not allowed to enter the garage and leave the vehicle in this place.
- Consider parking signs carefully. They are very informative. The fact is that most often the ban does not always work, but there is simply a restriction on certain days of the week or time of day. In general, road signs on the roads of the country are considered the most informative in Europe. In large tourist cities such as Madrid, you can easily find any attraction or your hotel.
- For parking in the wrong place, your convertible is likely to be taken to the penalty area. If you urgently need to leave the car for a few minutes - turn on the alarm, otherwise you will not avoid a fine of 100 Euros and more.
- For many drivers who turned out to be the first time in Madrid, the most difficult is the roundabout. The advantage here should be given to those drivers who are already in a circle.
- while driving is strictly prohibited to talk on the mobile. The punishment for such a violation starts from 300 Euro. Better not to risk and use the speakerphone.
- In Spain, driving with excess passengers is also prohibited. For a regular five-seater cabriolet, seven people are counted.
In conclusion, it should be said that, based on the feedback from our clients, the Madrid police most often treat patiently the tourists who rented a car and do not issue a penalty for the first violation, but if you are caught again - the punishment cannot be avoided, therefore we are not advised to ignore the rules and hope for good luck.