What you need to see in Madrid
What you need to see in Madrid
The capital of Spain is a place worth visiting, traveling around the country. If you are on a rented car, then it is not difficult to travel around all the most famous sights of the city in one day. If you want to enter museums and palaces, then you should stock up on a few more holidays to see everything.
Popular destinations for tourists
We decided to make a list of 10 ancient places that are included in the list of necessary for viewing:
- The Royal Palace. This is the main attraction and it is famous for having not only magnificent architecture, but also dimensions. The whole of the court in Madrid once lived here, history was created, intrigues were conceived and politics was created. The 1764 building has a Baroque style. This is the largest palace of kings in the whole of Western Europe, called Palacio Real. Previously, in its place was a Moorish fortress.
- Almudena Cathedral. This temple is dedicated to the Theotokos from the city of the same name, the patroness of which it stands. It was built in 1885 in the Neo-Gothic style. It houses the tomb, and to this day services and celebrations are held. Also this place was chosen by Prince Felipe for the wedding in 2004.
- Plaza Mayor Square. It is a popular tourist destination, lively and beautiful. Built in 1619, it is surrounded by houses in a special style - the Madrid baroque. In the Middle Ages, the whole life of the people took place here - holidays, knight tournaments, religious ceremonies, bullfights and even executions.
- Area of Puerta del Sol. Is next to the previous one. Here stands the monument "The Bear and the Strawberry Tree", as well as to Charles III, the Academy of Arts and the old metro station.
- The National Museum of the Prado. It is considered one of the most important and significant in Europe and the world, as it contains collections of paintings by famous Spanish artists in full composition - these are Goya, Velasquez, El Greco, Bosch, Murillo and Zurbarana. The building is built in the style of late classicism.
- Plaza de Espana. It is located in the very center, there is a monument to Cervantes, the Madrid tower, beautiful architectural complexes.
- Gran Via street. It belongs to the most famous and oldest in the whole city, located between the squares of Spain and Alcalá. Along it there are many cafes, shops, souvenir shops.
- Templo de Debot is a temple built in the 2nd century BC. e. in Egypt in the name of Amun and Isis. In 1968, he was transported on stone to Madrid, as a gift. Now it is located in a park in a picturesque place and completely conveys the atmosphere of Ancient Egyptian buildings.
- The gate of Alcalá. They were built in 1769 in the neoclassic style on the site of the old entrance.
- Parque Buen Retiro - a palace park - the most beautiful in the city. It was created in 1632, on its vast territory there are lakes with fountains, a crystal and stone palace, a branch of the Prado Museum.
Apparently, Madrid is a chic city, which must be visited. Here you can find entertainment for every taste and money.