Museums in Malaga
Malaga is a country called paradise for architecture and art lovers. One of the oldest cities is famous for its historical sights and specialized institutions, including the museums of Malaga: Picasso, glass, wine, Jorge Rando and others. But there is a unique place for car enthusiasts where visitors can enjoy the aesthetics and history of rare luxury cars.
- The Malaga Picasso Museum is named after the work of the famous artist Pablo Picasso. The collection of his works consists of a personal archive of his relatives. The collection includes approximately 300 exhibits. Among them are paintings and sculptures, including all periods of Pablo's life. The institution itself occupies a place in the Buenavista palace in the Jewish quarter of Malaga. The decoration of the collection of the great artist, critics ascribe to the portrait of his first wife - Olga Khokhlova.
- Glass Museum is located in a restored house of the XVIII century., Where you can trace the history of human development through glass. Here, tourists can admire the exhibits from crystal, the number of which is about 3,000 items, as well as view the gallery of paintings, photographs, furniture and decorative elements from different centuries, creating an incredible surroundings.
- Jorge Rando Museum - a Spanish painter and sculptor in whose honor the institution is named. A collection of his works is kept inside the institution, the main focus of which is neo-expressionism (a movement that arose at the end of the 19th century).
- Wine museum is a place where you can learn a lot about making magic potions in the city of Malaga. The exhibition itself is located on two floors of the building with several thematic rooms. Here you will learn the truth about how grapes are grown in the city, the wine is aged, the crops are harvested and an amazingly tasty drink is created. More than 100 brands are represented, as well as wine tastings and sales.
History of the Automobile Museum
In 2008, work began on the creation of a new tourist destination for classic cars, which were completed by mid-September 2010. The opening of the modern museum was already held on the 16th. The collection of cars is impressive. Inside, vehicles from the very first (end of the 19th century) to the 60s are presented, as well as several more modern prototypes. The building has about 100 models of foreign cars, the director of which is the Portuguese collector Don Juan Manuel Magallaies. Of the popular brands, the following can be distinguished:
- Ferrari, etc.
All exhibits are in perfect condition, the total value of which is about 25 million euros. Inside you will also find an unusual exhibition of motors transformed into works of art, and more than 300 original hats of the 20-50s of such famous designers as Dior, Chanel, Balenciaga and not only.
The era of the automobile exhibition
Today, there are 10 historical periods in the development of automotive collections.
- A wonderful era.
- Golden 20s.
- Art Deco.
- Popular cars.
- Designer cars.
- Dream machines.
- English Traditions.
- Cars that could change the world.
- Dolce Vita (Sweet Life).
Auto Museum Work
The total time for acquaintance with vehicles takes about two hours. Inside there is a free parking, which is located next to the Russian gallery of fine art. Thus, you can combine a visit to two places at once. Ticket price is 8 euros. In addition to individual visits, there is the opportunity to join the group. In addition, every Sunday at 12:30, visitors have the chance to drive some exhibits, start the engine and introduce themselves as owners of chic retro cars. The museum also hosts school and university excursions, which are organized for schoolchildren and students of all ages.
In order to make it convenient to get to all the sights, we offer to rent a vehicle for hire. You can do this in advance by booking any car (from budget options to vip) on our website.